How Channel Mapping in WCDMA
Here I Write about how the mapping can be done between logical, transport and physical channels. Not all physical channels are represented because not all physical channels correspond to a transport channel.
The mapping between logical channels and transport channels is done by the MAC sub-layer.
Different connections can be made between logical and transport channels:
- BCCH is connected to BCH and may also be connected to FACH
- DTCH can be connected to either RACH and FACH, to RACH and DSCH, to DCH and DSCH, to a DCH or a CPCH
- CTCH is connected to FACH
- DCCH can be connected to either RACH and FACH, to RACH and DSCH, to DCH and DSCH, to a DCH or a CPCH
- PCCH is connected to PCH
- CCCH is connected to RACH and FACH.
These connections depend on the type of information on the logical channels.
Where Channel Full name is as below,
- BCCH – Broadcast Control Channel
- DTCH – Dedicated Traffic Channel
- RACH – Random Access Channel
- FACH – Forward Access Channel
- DSCH – Downlink Shared Channel
- DCCH – Dedicated Control Channel
- CPCH – Common Packet Channel
- CTCH – Common Traffic Channel
- DCH – Dedicated Transport Channel
- PCCH – Paging Control Channel
- PCH – Paging Channel
- CCCH – Common Control Channel