DL & UL Physical Channel in LTE
How Physical channel of LTE works in UL & DL?A distinction has to made between:
- The Physical channel
- The Physical signal
The DL physical channels are:
- Physical DL Shared Channel (PDSCH)
- It is a shared channel used to carry user data, radio & core network, system information (BCH),
- paging message.
- Physical DL Control Channel (PDCCH)
- It is a shared signaling channel to carry the allocation of the resources (PDSCH).
- Physical Broadcast Channel (PBCH)
- It is the channel used to broadcast the system information.
The UL physical channels are:
- Physical Random Access Channel (PRACH)
- It is a shared channel used for the access procedure.
- Physical UL Shared Channel (PUSCH)
- It is a shared channel used to carry user data, radio & core network,
- Physical UL Control Channel (PUCCH)
- It is a shared signaling channel in uplink to allow the UE to request resources on the PUSCH.