Establishment and Maintenance of the RRC connection in LTE
The establishment and maintenance of the RRC connection includes:
- Allocation of temporary identifiers between UE and E-UTRAN.
- Configuration of signaling radio bearer(s) for RRC connection.
- Low priority SRB and high priority SRB.
- Security functions including key management.
- Establishment, configuration, maintenance and release of point to point Radio Bearers
The Mobility management functions includes:
- UE measurement reporting and control of the reporting for inter-cell and inter-RAT mobility.
- UE cell selection and reselection and control of cell selection and reselection.
- Context transfer at handover.