How Channel Architecture in LTE?
- A Logical Channel is defined by the type of information it carries.
Logical channels are classified into control and traffic channels.
- Answer to the question: what is it being transported?
- A Transport Channel is defined by how and with what characteristics the information is transmitted.
- Answer to the question: how is it being transported?
- A Physical Channel is defined by the physical resources used to transmit the data. At the physical level, a distinction can be made between:
- The physical channel on which are mapped transport channels.
- The physical signal, which does not carry information but is used for
synchronization or measurement.