How Measurement Configuration in EUTRAN
The E-UTRAN can configure the UE to report measurement information to support the control of UE mobility. The following measurement configuration elements can be signaled via the RRC Connection Reconfiguration message.
E-UTRAN may configure the UE to report measurement information to support the control elements mobility. Following measurement configuration message can be supplied via the RRC-connection reconfiguration.
1. Measurement objectives. An object that defines UE measure must measure – such as a carrier frequency. The object of measurement can include a list of cells to be considered (white-list or black-list), and parameters associated with, for example, frequency-or cell-specific offsets.
2. Reporting configurations. A configuration reporting criteria include (periodic or triggered by an event) that cause the UE to send a measurement report and details on what information to expect the UE to report (ie quantities such as incoming SIGNAL Code power (RSCP) for UMTS or reference signal received power (RSRP) for LTE, and the number of cells.
3. Identities of measurement. They identify and define a measure subject to applicable measurement reporting configuration.
4. The quantity configuration defines time. Configuration filters to be used for each measurement.
5. Measurement gaps. Gaps measurement set time periods when no uplink or downlink transmissions will be scheduled so that the UE can make measurements.
Measurement gaps are common for all gap-assisted measurements.
The details of the above parameters depend on the frequency measurement refers to a LTE, UMTS, GERAN or UTRAN configures CDMA2000. only a single measurement object for a given frequency, but more than one identity can use the same type of measurement. Object identifiers used for measuring and reporting configuration is unique for all types of measurement. An example of a set of objects of measurement and the corresponding reference configuration is shown in FIG.
In LTE it is possible to configure the amount that triggers the report (or RSCP RSRP) for each reportage. UE configuration can be configured to report either or both quantities trigger amount.
RRC measurement reporting procedures specifically include some extensions to support self-optimizing network (SON) functions, such as setting automatic neighbor relation (ANR). RRC measurement procedures also support UE positioning 19 enhanced cell ID method.