Implementation Margin in LTE
- Implementation margin is used to include non-ideal receiver effects such as channel estimation errors, tracking errors, quantization errors, and phase noise.
- This implementation margin or sensitivity degradation can be used to apply some margin to the link budget to account for devices from other vendors that may have larger tolerances from the specifications or for which the actual performance is not available.
- A larger implementation margin may be assumed at the subscriber end as opposed to the
- This is done to reflect the scenario where one base station can connect to multiple subscriber devices.
- The subscriber devices may be obtained from several different vendors, each with its own receiver design whereas the base station will typically be from fewer vendors.