LTE : Data Transmission in DL
- The data in DL are sent on the PDSCH
- A minimum of 2 RBs are allocated by the eNodeBs.
- A RB is 12 sub-carriers on a slot (7 symbols).
- The eNodeB sends on the PDCCH the required information to allow the UE
decode the data on the PDSCH.
- On which slot?
- On which Resource blocks?
- How are the data modulated?
The Physical Downlink Shared Channel (PDSCH) carries:
- User data
- User signaling
- Paging messages
- System information message
The PDSCH can use all the resources not used by the other channel:
- Synchronization channels
- Reference signal