Basic Test for LTE Transmitter and Receiver Design
LTE already requires fundamental changes in the base and handset and research project due to higher data rates, there is an important signal bandwidth and enhance integration and miniaturization in mobile phones, for example:
- Need to handle 6 different channel bandwidth from 1.4 to 20 MHz, and both frequency division duplex (FDD) and Time Division Duplex (TDD) modes.
- Flexible transmission systems and almost infinite combination of activities in which the structure of the physical channel has a significant impact on the performance of the RF.
- Elements v4 compatible multi-gigabit DIgRF handset, which removes the ability of the communication bottleneck between chips and radio frequency bands (RFICs), require cross-domain (DIGITAL IN, RF OUT) potentially communication. Digital source test must simulate both data traffic and closed protocol stack within the digital interface that controls RFIC performance.
- High-speed digital DigRF interface serial number should be treated as a transmission medium, where the disorder can worsen the quality of analog and degradation bit error rate (BER) and be careful connecting test equipment to avoid disrupting the flow signal.
- Transfer of information between handsets band RF circuits and must comply with strict time constraints. Therefore, it is important that the conditions of the test, measure the exact time each frame is sent from one chip to another and provides real-time detection of timing violations.
Added to these are special challenges due to the need to support a variety of techniques including antenna diversity, MIMO and beam control.