MIMO Multi User in LTE
MIMO-MU = Multi user
- It is used only in Uplink.
- MIMO-MU does not increase the individual user’s data rate but it does offer
cell capacity gains that are similar to, or better than, those provided by
- The UE does not require the expense and power drain of two transmitters,
yet the cell still benefits from increased capacity.
- The UE must be well aligned in time and power as received at the eNB.
- In UL, the UE can not transmit 2 different signal like it has only 1 amplifier. So to take benefit of the MIMO
- capabilities, the eNodeB can allocates the same radio resources to 2 UEs (PRB and sub-frame). By this way, he eNodeB boosts the capacity in UL.