The orthogonality requires that the sub-carrier spacing is Vf = k/(TU) Hertz, where TU seconds is the useful symbol duration (the receiver side window size), and k is a positive integer, typically equal to 1. Therefore, with N sub-carriers, the total passband bandwidth will be B ? N(delta)Vf (Hz).
- It is inversely proportional. The shorter the symbol, the wider the sub-carrier and vice-versa.
- The frequency center of the sub-carrier is linked to the frequency of the carrier.
- The inter-channel (or inter sub-carrier) interferences are cancelled because they are located in a such way that when there is the peak for a given sub-carrier, the adjacent subcarriers are null.
- One single stream at high rate
- Each symbol occupies the whole bandwidth
- Very short symbol duration to ensure high rate