What is Basic work of Pilot Channel in CDMA?
A pilot channel:
- Assist mobile station to be connected with CDMA network
- Handles multi-path searching
- Provide the phase reference for coherent demodulation and help the mobile station estimate the transmission power
- The mobile station measures and compares the pilot channel powers from the base stations during the handoff
- Forward pilot channel is spread over W0 and modulated with short code directly
- BTS transmits the pilot channel continuously.