- The introduction of new services and access to the GSM service are based on
the concept of Intelligent Network (IN). This is because of the independence
between: Conventional call processing handled by the exchange, Mobile radio functions handled by a dedicated server.
- Dialog between these two is managed by an IN interface.
- Separation between applications: switching functions handled by the SSP, radio control functions handled by GSM servers (Radio Control Processor – RCP).
- Functions can be developed independently.
The MSC handles all mobile radio network access functions.
The RCP handles all mobile radio functions:
- Mobility management and radio frequencies (Radio Control Function – RCF).
- It incorporates the VLR function (Visitor Location Register).
Tips: Think that Intelligent Network (IN) is only useful for pre-paid customer. how Intelligent Network (IN) is useful for post-paid customer.