Key Parameter list for Hopping
When you decide to apply hopping to any BTS then below parameter require to previously defining.
- All the parameters which are related to hopping are configured in cell/configure Hopping data
- Hopping mode: the mode used by the BTS system, including three options: not hopping, base band hopping and RF hopping.
- MA (Mobile Allocation Set): the set of available RF bands when hopping, containing at most 64 frequency carriers. The frequency being used must be those of the available frequency
- HSN：hopping sequence number（0～63）
- HSN=0：cycle hopping.
- HSN≠0：random hopping. Every sequence number corresponds a pseudo random sequence.
- MAIO (Mobile Allocation Index Offset): used to define the initial frequency of the hopping.
- Be careful to configure the MAIO of same timeslot in all channels, otherwise interference occurs.
- At the air interface, the frequency used on a specific burst is an element in MA set. MAI is used for indication, referring to a specific element in the MA set.
- MAI is the function of TDMA FN, HSN and MAIO.