Which step to make clear before select any site at any location like equipment type, construction and link balance calculation which describe detail as below.
Select Equipment Type For Site
- Select equipment for the cell depending on channel requirements
- Selection of antenna type and accessories.
Locate Equipment On Site For Construction Drawing
- Plan of the building ( if site located on the building) to be made showing equipment placement, cable runs, battery backup placement and antenna mounting positions.
- Antenna mounting positions to be shown separately and clearly.
- Drawings to be checked and signed by the Planner, site acquisition, power planner and project manager.
Perform Link Balance Calculations
- Link balance calculation per cell to be done to balance the uplink and the downlink path.
- Basically link balance calculation is the same as power budget calculation. The only difference is that on a per cell basis the transmit power of the BTS may be increased or decreased depending on the path loss on uplink and downlink.
- Study of RF Radiation exposure to ensure that it is within limits and control of hazardous areas.
- Data sheet to be prepared per cell signed by RF Planner and project manager to be submitted to the appropriate authority.
Radio Frequency Plan/ PN Plan
- Frequency planning has to be carried out on the planning tool based on required C/I and C/A and interference probabilities.
System Interference Plots
- C/I, C/A, Best server plot etc has to be plotted.
- These plots have to be reviewed with the customer to get the frequency plan passed.
Final Coverage Plot
- This presentation should be the same as design review presentation.
- This plot is with exact locations of the site in the network.
Identification of coverage holes
- Coverage holes can be identified from the plots and subsequent action can be taken (like putting a new site) to solve the problem.