Pri Selection Site or RF planning First point
Which step to make clear before select any site at any location like equipment type, construction and link balance calculation which describe detail as below.
Select Equipment Type For Site
- Select equipment for the cell depending on channel requirements
- Selection of antenna type and accessories.
Locate Equipment On Site For Construction Drawing
- Plan of the building ( if site located on the building) to be made showing equipment placement, cable runs, battery backup placement and antenna mounting positions.
- Antenna mounting positions to be shown separately and clearly.
- Drawings to be checked and signed by the Planner, site acquisition, power planner and project manager.
Perform Link Balance Calculations
- Link balance calculation per cell to be done to balance the uplink and the downlink path.
- Basically link balance calculation is the same as power budget calculation. The only difference is that on a per cell basis the transmit power of the BTS may be increased or decreased depending on the path loss on uplink and downlink.
- Study of RF Radiation exposure to ensure that it is within limits and control of hazardous areas.
- Data sheet to be prepared per cell signed by RF Planner and project manager to be submitted to the appropriate authority.
Radio Frequency Plan/ PN Plan
- Frequency planning has to be carried out on the planning tool based on required C/I and C/A and interference probabilities.
System Interference Plots
- C/I, C/A, Best server plot etc has to be plotted.
- These plots have to be reviewed with the customer to get the frequency plan passed.
Final Coverage Plot
- This presentation should be the same as design review presentation.
- This plot is with exact locations of the site in the network.
Identification of coverage holes
- Coverage holes can be identified from the plots and subsequent action can be taken (like putting a new site) to solve the problem.