Multicast Forwarding Advantage and disadvantage in Short
Here I write in short Advantages and disadvantages of Multicast Forwarding.
- Multicast Routing is backwards from Unicast Routing
- Unicast Routing is concerned about where the packet is going or will need to go.
- Multicast Routing is concerned about where the packet came from or will be coming from.
- Multicast Routing uses “Reverse Path Forwarding” (RPF) and RPF Check
- Which interface to expect multicast packet from source?
- The interface would send unicast packet back to source or shared root!
- Protects against multicast loops
- Mechanism located in Routers
- Can reduce traffic levels near to the sender
- Management is a big lack
- If someone or lots of someone misses a broadcast due to a router problem somewhere
- No-one knows
- Especially not the management centre Or the Billing Centre
- So someone could pay but not receive the program