What is Function of CSN in Wimax?
CSN – Core Service Network.
- It is a combination of a set of network functions and provides IPconnections for the WiMAX subscribers. The CSN consists of the router,AAA agent or server, subscriber database, and Internet gateway equipment. The CSN can a new network entity in a new WiMAX system or can realize the functions of CSN through some existing network equipment.
Main functions of the CSN:
- Establish the connections between subscribers and assign IP addresses for the
- Perform the Internet access.
- Use the AAA agent or server.
- Control the user system parameters-based QoS and license.
- Establish and manage tunnels between the ASN and the CSN.
- Perform the subscriber accounting and settlement.
- Perform the inter-ASN mobility management.
- Realize WiMAX services, such as location based service, point-to-point service, multicast service, IMS, and emergency call.